Senior Results

Here are the results of the Lispole Senior Team.

Senior Football.


Cluiche leath Cheannais Craobh Nóibhíseach
Lios Póil 2:15  Knocknagoshel 0:18  (Tar éis am Breise)
If this was a game of monopoly than Lios Póil played their get of jail free card, as they snatched as they snatched a draw in the final minute of injury time when it looked like there race was run. Three times in the opening 25 minutes the sides were level, with never more than three points between them at any stage in the first half. Edmund Walsh got the proceedingsunderway with a pointed free, before Deaglán Ó Súilleabháin pointed for Lios Póil. For the next twenty minutes both sides registered 4 points apiece to leave them 0:05 to 0:05 and five minutes left in the half. Some of the scorers for Lios Póil being Brian Ó Raoil, who finished the day with 2:01 and Colm Ó Muirthile with two pointed frees. For Knocknagoshel Dan Roche proved to be their sole scorer, outside of their main threat Edmund Walsh. Knocknagoshel did enjoy a purple patch in the remaining time left in the half and by half time were 0:08 to 0:05 in front.
From the onset of the second half Lios Póil set about reducing the margin between the sides.Their efforts seemed to be rewarded with points from Deagláin Ó Súilleabháin and Colm Ó Muirthile early on. Despite this Connor Sheehan and Shane O Connell ensured that knocknagoshel still led by three points. This provoked a response from Lios Póil as a trio of points, Adrian Ó Raoil among the scorers made sure the sides were level. Knocknagoshel reacted in a direct manner with points of their own which left them 0:14 to 0:11 in front in the final minute of injury time. What happened next proved a game changer as Brian Ó Raoil goaled from Deagláin Ó Súilleabháin rebounded shot. This left both sides level, thus leading to extra time.
Tomás Ó Caomhánaigh didn’t waste any time when he put his team in front through point from play. Séamus Ó Diomsiagh made it two points in front when he converted a 45. Edmond Walsh had Knocknagoshel on level terms once more with two points in a row. Just as he did in at the end of normal time, Brian Ó Raoil found the net once more to leave matters at half time Lios Póil 2:13 Knocknoshel 0:16
The second half of extra time proved just as tense as Míchheál Ó Caomhánaigh put Lios Póil four points in front. This was reduced to two, when Edmund and James Walsh points respectivally. Séamus Ó Diomsaigh as well as pulling of two outstanding saves to keep a clean sheet, scored the final score of the match. The Final score being Lios Póil 2:15 to Knocknagoshel’s 0:18.  

Lios Póil now play Listry in the final. Date and Venue to be decided.


Sraith Sinsir an Contae Roinn 3 Babhta 10
Lios Póil 0:13
Annascaul 1:10
Lios Póil and Annascaul played each other to a draw in a keenly contested match in which both sided had a man shown the line in what was largely a sporting match. Home team Lios Póil were quickest off the mark courtesy of a Colm Ó Muirthile point. Annascul through a Shane Foley point were soon level and then commenced to settle into the match. Further points from Jason Hickson and Emmet Kennedy ensured that the visitors held a narrow one point lead at the end of the first quarter 0:05 to 0:04. From this point until the 27th minute both sides were level on two occasions as Colm Ó Muirthile through pointed frees kept Lios Póil in touch. Than with half time coming Aiden Creane scored a goal to leave his side with a three point advantage over Lios Póil. A further point from Jason Hickson extended the margin to four, before Deagláin Ó Súilleabháin brought it back to three just before the half time whistle sounded. Lios Póil 0:06 Annacaul 1:06
It took Lios Póil only ten minutes to level matters and go into a dangerous one point lead. Deagláin Ó Súilleabháin starting them off and Tomás Ó Caomhánaigh putting them in front. However Annascaul with an in form Jason Hickson, who finished the day with 6 points, soon had them level once more. Lios Póil through Tomás Ó Caomhánaigh and Deagláin Ó Súilleabháin, than took a two point lead, which they held with 5 minutes to go to full time. This despite the best efforts of Emmet Kennedy and Jason Hisckson, who scored a further two points in a row to ensure the spoils were divided. Lios Póil 0:13 Annascaul 1:10